Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sleep

One of my favorite scriptures is: Psalms 127:2  It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep. This scripture coupled with Philippians 4:8,9 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Usually when it's late at night I can put my mind at peace and fall off to sleep rather quickly (tonight is an exception), God wants our trust to be in Him and not in our abilities or inabilities. What I think about is important to my Lord and I want to mediate on His provisions and blessings and not on what I can or can't do. If one is up this late it is likely because of worries (mine is because of my work schedule this week messing up my sleep pattern), and Jesus in Matthew 6:27 asks:  "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? Read this in context for more of what Jesus thinks about our worrying.

I hope this will help you as you consider God's will for your life, God's provision for you and your family, and that you will ask God to provide you with sleep and provide for those things that were troubling you as you sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment